10 reasons why the Eiffel Tower should be in your “bucket list”
– The Eiffel Tower is the world’s most visited monument. Almost 7 million people go up the tower annually. Can you believe this? 😮
– Originally, the tower was planned to be build in Barcelona, Spain, but apparently there wasn’t much interest and the project was rejected.😳
– There are more than 30 replicas around the world, one of them located in Las Vegas..but nothing beats the original in the city of love. 😍
– 20 thousand lightbulbs are used to illuminate and adorn the tower.
– It played a great part in early radiophonic experiments and also the start of French Television.
– It is said that when it rains, the torre “shrinks” 6 inches. 😉
– Before building elevators, one had to walk 1,665 stairs to reach the top.
-If you want an unforgettable culinary experience in the Eiffel Tower, be sure to check out Jules Verne Restaurant, Don’t forget to reserve ahead of time and prepare yourself to pay 190 euros for a 5 course meal, or 230 euros for 6 courses. Santé!
What has been your experience and first impression at the Eiffel Tower? Feel free to leave your comments and additional suggestions.